Sunday, February 1, 2009

Got Help

I was beginning to feel like the old movie "Groundhog's Day" where everyday Bill Murray woke up and it was Groundhog's Day again. My life is the same day after day after day, and I wasn't getting out or Les and I able to do anything together. I hired a registered nurse to stay with mother a couple of evenings a week and a few hours on Saturday. She has just started and it has been wonderful to get out again. We still can't leave to visit family which is kind of sad and I haven't started back to the temple, but still we can go out together so that's a great help. Mom seems to be doing better, but in order to keep the pain down she has to be highly medicated and I worry about leaving her alone.

She was alert enough to call her old hairdresser that did her hair years ago when she lived in Boise, and asked if he would come here and give her a perm, and he did. She looks and feels much better so I'm glad for that. Then I wonder if I could leave her alone for a few hours at a time. I just don't know. I guess I will wait and see how things go. In the mean time I will keep the sitter. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: