Saturday, March 28, 2009

How Mom's Doing

She's been in the nursing home about a week and a half. 2 of our daughters, Lindsay and Stacey, came to see her last week so it was a little hectic. Mom has adjusted pretty well. At first she wouldn't eat in the dining room. I think it made her feel old with all the older people in there. They are mostly in wheel chairs, as she is, but mentally most are OK.
She has has a cold, and when I went this morning, she had a panic attack because she couldn't breathing well with her cold and was calling for me. I got her calmed down, and they got her in a wheel chair and she was fine after that.
We were going ATV'ing today, but felt it was better to stay close. I've been over there every couple of hours and she seems to feel safe and secure now.

No comments: