Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blanche Hyde Udy April 12, 2009

Mother passed away today at 1:25 pm today, Easter Sunday. We were in Oregon spending Easter with Whitnie, Lindsay and families and got a call from the nursing home in Nampa about 7:30 am, so we got in the car and tried to make it home. She died about 2 hours before we got there. Friends of ours from church stopped by to see her and the hospice nurse was there with her, but our friends stayed and held her hand till she died. They said it was very peaceful and she never woke up. One of the male nurses at the hospital said " I want you to know I loved your mom and she loved compliments. She liked to give them too, but she really loved to get them." I just thought that was so cute. We donated her clothing to others that didn't have much, in the nursing home, and just brought home her personal items. It will seems strange not to go there anymore. I went twice a day everyday until this week end.

I will go tomorrow to the funeral home to make arrangements. Tentatively the funeral will be Sat.
No viewing and she put in her will Graveside services only. So we will respect her wishes. We really don't expect anyone to come from out of town, except probably some family.

She loved you all and felt your love and prayers in her time of need.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Dear Cheryl and Les,

Frank and I were sorry to hear of Blanche's passing but we're happy that she went peacefully.
She was such a strong and upbeat woman. A wonderful example to all of living each day to the fullest.
Thank you for taking such good care of her.

Dinah

Sheryl Johnson said...

Thank you for sharing your dear mother with me. I am so grateful for her example. She has truly made me a better person.