Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Choices!

Hospice asked mom if she wanted quality of life and still a little pain, or no pain. She chose no pain.
They have her on several medications including steroids and morphine, but nothing totally gets rid of the pain. She's feeling a little better though. Her bath aid came today and she survived it. Lately she has only been awake maybe 1 1/2 hrs. a day, for meals. Today she has been up a few hrs total. She eats mostly carnation instant breakfast, soups and cottage cheese and pineapple which she craves. She can't be left alone any more so I'm mostly home. Les has been good trading off while I go to the gym. I gave up working at the temple which was really sad, but he is still going. Since she still has quite a good appetite even though not much solids, I think she will be here for awhile. Her attitude is good and she's nice most of the time, just a little demanding. I need to decide what she can do for herself, so that I'm not just the maid. Gee I thought I was done with that when the teen agers moved out.

Anyway hospice has found a volunteer to come in a couple of hours a week, so I can get out a little, and our friends the Overman's have also been good to help. That will be nice.

No comments: