Friday, January 9, 2009

Getting Worse

They started mom on morphine about 2 weeks ago, since then they have trippled the dose trying to get the pain down. At first that caused vomiting, but I think we have that under control . And of course she's on depends now. We finally talked her into a hospital bed, which took awhile. Her worse pain is in the back, neck and back of the head, so getting up from a regular bed hurts terribly. With the hospital bed we can get her to sitting position before she gets up. Hopefully that will be better. I think the bed comes tomorrow. I have really been feeling burnout and that I am a shut-in, which is really what I am now. I called the social worker today and he is going to get me someone to come in a few hours a week, just so we can get out of the house. Right now, Les and I can't go anywhere the same time, not even church. He starts back at the tax commission for a few months, so I wouldn't even have that. So hopefully between the hospital bed, more morphine and a little help, things will be better. Who knows how long this will go on.

No comments: