Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mom's Cancer Progress

I called the Dr's office today to see exactly where the cancer is, every time the Dr. would try to tell her she would change the subject. It is very fast moving. Started as cervical cancer is in bones, thyroid, adrenal glands, breasts, spine, ribs and neck. As of the pet scan taken a month ago it was at the brain, not in the brain. Who knows now. He was giving her Armidex to slow it down.

She has decided not to take it and to go on hospice. I can't blame her. I told her where the cancer is, and I think that is the wisest choice. It's hard for me because I don't want to let her go, but I know she would just continue to deteriorate and she is beyond being cured.

I don't know what care the future will bring, but I pray that whatever it is, I can do it.

John was talking about changing his babies diapers, I joked that I will probably be doing the same soon. But that's ok. It's surprising what you can do when you have to.

No comments: