Monday, April 14, 2008

Waiting for the Elixer

Yesterday was a bad day for mom. It seems like it's about every other day. Today we ran errands ending at Costco for a hotdog. She ate about half.

Her Cousin Barbara's daughter, not aunt Barbara, Cheryl has told mother about this wonderful mixture the cures everything and takes away the pain. Mom has a lot of pain but won't take her pain medecine, because she is sure this mixture will do wonders. She said the pain medicine is constipating and makes her groggy. I think this stuff will make her sick to her stomach. It is a mixture of pure maple syrup, lemon juice, alkaline salt and cayan pepper. Then you cook it, I don't know if you take it by a spoonful or drink it. Barbara's daughter has ordered her two books talking about the wonders of this from Amazon.com and I guess the recipe is in them. I know she won't do anything else until she tries this. So I will let you know how it works, when she gets the recipe and tries it.

One of the reason's I think she is doing better today is Les and our friend Joe Overman gave her a blessing last night. She slept better and doesn't seem to be in as much pain today.

1 comment:

Stacey Bishop said...

I love blessings. I hope that the pain will ease up for her. I can't imagine where the Hatch girls get their stubborness from? :)